Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is codeigniter 2.1 PHP 5.4 compatible ?

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
I am running XAMPP 1.8.0 on Windows 7 Pro right now with no problems.

So yes it does run.

Check your coding you must have an error in there some place.

[eluser]kaege[/eluser]
Oh, man... >_<

Okay. I think I'll cool my head off before digging this problem again. Thank you, guys.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If you are using a .htaccess file rename it, then see if it runs for you.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
check your php.ini and see if display_errors is on. Blank page can also mean it is showing an error, which might be suppressed.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
If you're running in E_STRICT mode, CI terminates with an error.

Depending on the version either in common.php or in loader.php, where the result of a function call is assigned to a variable by reference, which is no longer allowed.

If you're suppressing errors, this would result in a blank page.

[eluser]kaege[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1342823294"]If you're running in E_STRICT mode, CI terminates with an error.

Depending on the version either in common.php or in loader.php, where the result of a function call is assigned to a variable by reference, which is no longer allowed.

If you're suppressing errors, this would result in a blank page.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but I couldn't really follow you. Could you explain it more clearly? What do you mean with the 1st and the 2nd paragraph?
Btw, my display_errors is on.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1342823294"]If you're running in E_STRICT mode, CI terminates with an error.

If you're suppressing errors, this would result in a blank page.[/quote]

It would be nice if this was fixed in the repo for 2.1 stable.

[eluser]kaege[/eluser]
Okay. I've freshly installed CI 2.1.0 and it worked in XAMPP for Linux 1.8.0. That mean my program is buggy. What made me frustrated was the fact that PHP dislayed no errors whatsoever.
My display_errors is on
My error_reporting is E_ALL | E_STRICT
My $config['log_threshold'] is 4
My CI log file only show debugging messages saying CI components were loaded/initialized

Is there something amiss here? Something that I overlooked?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
If E_STRICT is on and you're on PHP 5.4, this line will fail with a decprecated error: https://github.com/EllisLab/CodeIgniter/...r.php#L161. You can no longer assign the return value of a function by reference (unless you take special precautions).

In earlier 2.x versions, this line is in core/common.php.

As at this point nothing is loaded yet, you can replace the line by
Code:
$this->_base_classes = false;
to get rid of the error.

[eluser]kaege[/eluser]
I don't know, man. I really don't know. This whole thing about upgrading to PHP 5.4 made my project stalled for two days straight. I think I'll use it on my next project. But, for now, I'll stick to PHP 5.3. I really appreciate your helps. Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB