Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New to code ignighter need some help please

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello, I had a freelance make my site with codeigniter, and I am not a php expert by any means, I have tried to pull up every php page in the directory structure in dreamweaver to attempt to edit the look of certain pages, and everyone just shows a mashed up table with a bunch of "PHP" pictures in the center, and it does not resemble in anyway the page thats displayed on the site.

I guess I am asking, is there anyway of visually editing pages that was made with this software behind it? Or is it all just writing code?

Sorry for my ignorance,

-- Nick

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
You can edit the views (views are what are displayed in the frontend after processing the data from the controller) till the time that those views contain less dynamic data. If the views are hand written and contain lots of dynamic data then it would be very tough for you to edit them.

If you want to modify the views you will either have to edit the code or take help of someone who can do it for you after all there is no magic anywhere (just that php has magic functions).

Good Day !!!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Do you think if I migrate away from code igniter it would be costly / time consuming?

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
It's showing the PHP "image" because you are in the View mode - switch to Code view and you will see what is actually going on.

Honestly, I wouldn't migrate away from CI. I'm not trying to hurt any feelings, but it sounds like what you asked for is a bit out of your league (in terms of modifying it yourself). I would highly suggest either: A) Contacting the person that developed your site to make changes; or B) Posting a job request on the Job forum asking for someone to assist you.

What you are seeing is fully expected - it's the way Dreamweaver is designed.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB