Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Creating a simple application that uses a database

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am working on creating an application using CodeIgniter (my first one).

The problem I am having is getting a grasp on how to create a form that would allow a user to enter some data and submit it to the database.

The app is going to be a niche job board web site that is going to allow employers post jobs for free. I am trying to keep it very simple and only create the basics.

My question is how can I create a form view that will allow someone to enter information hit submit and that data will be sent to the database.

I have been referencing the wiki and found this http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Add_Edit_Views/
It seems to be helpful, but I am having some trouble understanding how the form works with this. I'd like to know if there are any additional resources that would explain these concepts or show additional examples?

Thanks

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
Hi, you could start with the examples in the docs about the validation class. For storing the info in the database, be sure to read the docs too.
Then, if you don't feel like coding by yourself yet, you could get inspiration with an complete, well written apps: BambooInvoice, or I heart rant.
Anyway, welcome here and keep us informed!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB