Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Best way for multilanguage support

[eluser]Dani[/eluser]
Hello, I’m still in the planning phase of my website because I haven’t decided how to implement Multilanguage support. I know the good(?) old method was to have language arrays and language files. This is also the method that f.ex. Wikipedia uses. The problem with this is that the texts are completely independent.

What I’m thinking about is using a translation API so that the text across all languages are synchronized. The initial translation for any langyage will ofcourse be decent. But I know Google Translate has a “suggest a better translation” feature. I imagine that if my site will have many users and many of them uses suggestions, the text will gradually have better and better translation. Unfortunately Google Translate API is no longer available for free, so Im thinking of using Bing Translation API instead. Is there a “suggest better translation” or change text feature there? Also, do I need a “base language” so all texts from all languages will be translated from that, or can any language be the base language for every language?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB