Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Urgent! Web made with CI is not being displayed in mobile devices

[eluser]aquary[/eluser]
tested in android and did got a blank page. After disable mobile view, I could access the site.

What are the code/system you use to detect/show mobile version anyway?

[eluser]luismartin[/eluser]
[quote author="aquary" date="1331120600"]tested in android and did got a blank page. After disable mobile view, I could access the site.

What are the code/system you use to detect/show mobile version anyway?[/quote]

Do you mean something in the CI code, some function, class, the User Agent class maybe, to switch between web versions? (normal and mobile)

By the way, I wrote the wrong error.log. The following is the code for the error log of the virtualhost to which this web is assigned:

Code:
[Wed Mar 07 11:21:03 2012] [error] [client 81.52.143.18] File does not exist: /var/www/sonia/robots.txt
[Wed Mar 07 11:23:51 2012] [error] [client 83.46.46.60] File does not exist: /var/www/sonia/jsp-sonia, referer: http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=accesorios baƱo sonia&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CF4QjBAwAQ&url=http://www.sonia-sa.com/jsp-sonia/agrupaciones.jsp?P_COLECCION=GENOA&ei=aDdXT4bdOIbE0QWs8KnXDQ&usg=AFQjCNGwebQu9OEGA2E1_O6Mm3FMc7EsNw

jsp-sonia/agrupaciones.jsp belong to the old website.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
As the log mentions, the request came from google. So someone googled something and your old link showed up, which they clicked on and it will produce a 404.

When recreating an existing website where the url structure changes, it's usually best to have redirects in your .htaccess or something mapping your old urls to the new equivalent so the old content can be found on the redesigned site. If you don't, when people search you and find an old link they will get a 404 and move on the the next site from the google results. Or, you have to wait until the old links fall off of google and your new ones get cataloged. Sitemaps can be helpful with this as well.

Hello Cronix, thanks a lot for your help. I will create a redirect for that in .htaccess, and consider creating the sitemap.

Do you think this might be what is behind the problem with the mobile devices?

[eluser]aquary[/eluser]
[quote author="luismartin" date="1331125281"][quote author="aquary" date="1331120600"]tested in android and did got a blank page. After disable mobile view, I could access the site.

What are the code/system you use to detect/show mobile version anyway?[/quote]

Do you mean something in the CI code, some function, class, the User Agent class maybe, to switch between wBreach of contract.eb versions? (normal and mobile)[/quote]

I meant to say "did you put anything in your code to detect if a user is on mobile?". As far as I could think of, those stuff are not autometically determinned by CI. you might have put something in you CI code to detect that stuff.

So again, what did you use? Was it the useragent string related? can you show it ?

btw, was the mobile view running fine on your local server? If it was OK, you could assume something in the production server is wrong, else, it's your code.

Problem fixed!

It was just a silly thing: I was using a third-party library which was using the is_mobile method of the User Agent class and trying to load a non-existent template.

Pardon my blunder, and again thanks a lot everyone for your help!

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
How To Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create a Mobile Version of Your Website

[eluser]ghprod[/eluser]
[quote author="luismartin" date="1331076431"][quote author="InsiteFX" date="1331076158"]Search for media queries or 1140 grid that does mobile

[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean with media queries and 1140 grid...[/quote]

Look at http://cssgrid.net, i've tried and works well Smile
demo : http://vivanews.hotthread.net open with your mobile devices .. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB