Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multi Theme within a site

[eluser]npCoda[/eluser]
Hello CI developers!

I am new for CI. I want to develop site where admin can change the theme of site as desire. For your reference, I want as if of Word Press.
So can any body suggest me and where should I keep my themes, either inside view/ or outside of application?

Thank you for you great support.

[eluser]porquero[/eluser]
There are template engines for CI.

Althoug I use this solution for use templates:

http://porquero.blogspot.com/2012/02/cod...views.html

[eluser]npCoda[/eluser]
Thanks Porquero for the suggestion. It seems, it will give me some guidance on the above topic.
Thanks again.

[eluser]Daniel Moore[/eluser]
If you're wanting to match whatever Word Press theme you are using, then you might want to consider using the theme provided in your Word Press installation and point to that CSS.

For example, I currently have a site with an SMF forum, with a number of highly customized themes to give the site a unique look. For the main part of the site, I have coded it in CI, and I have the code check the SMF cookie (I have a configuration file that tells CI where to find SMF) to see if the visitor is logged in, and, if so, it will use their chosen theme for display throughout the site. If not logged in, then the default SMF theme I have selected will be used.

I simply set up all my views with the appropriate HMTL that will utilize the same CSS that SMF uses in order to give a consistent look and feel throughout the entire site. Works like a charm.

I'm sure something similar can be done with Word Press, although, personally, I don't use that particular product on any of my sites at this time.

[eluser]robin hudda[/eluser]
This post is the very interesting about the medical .There are many knowledgeable and must help the medical student and the person who is looking for this type of post.
anti embolism stockings

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB