Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
l error: Call to a member function load() - Filename: libraries/Form_validation.php

[eluser]the_unforgiven[/eluser]
does anyone know why this? please really could do with sorting it, all the language files are there this was a fresh download from CI website

This is what is on line 320:
Code:
$this->CI->lang->load('form_validation');

And the language file is present in:

Code:
/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/new/system/language/english/form_validation_lang.php

So whats wrong, come on someone please help me

[eluser]Matalina[/eluser]
Have you tried to figure out which line is actually causing the problem? Is it the just having a validation rule in general or a specific one?

Start commenting in rules line by line. If you get one on the first line see if you comment it out and then comment in line 2 to see if its in general or rule 1.

Potentially corrupted file could be the reason. Clean instal doesn't mean it didn't get corrupted.

I have done line by line limited it to just one line as a set_rule for name for example and still thrws the error back, i have also referenced with the manual and also reimported each file from another install on another project i did but stil no joy

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Stepping Debugger. Very valuable tool in situations like this Smile

Sorted it it was the MY_Form_validation I had for the capchta, nightmare bout found it that was the problem.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Someone asked if you extended the library yesterday and you said no Smile

Yes i hadn't it was a script i got from the wiki somehwere on Ci website for capchta and didn't relaise til today so how much of a nob do i feel Sad anyway all is good now and all is working

[eluser]Mauricio de Abreu Antunes[/eluser]
I asked it, Cronix!
I got this error too.
I was wondering you extended that class ;-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB