Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session Help How do I increase the size?

[eluser]justmelat[/eluser]
I am using the session class and using this $this->session->userdata('item');, in particular I have $this->session->userdata('ALL_INSTRUCTIONS');
this is holding the contents of a db field. A client has entered a ton of text in this field and when we run/open the page, the text will not display. Will debugging, I saw for the length of this variable [$this->session->userdata('ALL_INSTRUCTIONS')] is 1024 (2963).. So the variable will hold only 1024, but the total amt of text is 2963. How can I increase the size that that session var will hold? Thank you in advance.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
If you are using cookies for your session storage (the default), the max is 4kb. Keep in mind that is the final size, after encryption. If you use a database, the max is whatever type of field the user_data field is set to (TEXT, MEDIUMTEXT, LONGTEXT, etc)

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
[quote author="CroNiX" date="1332381815"]If you are using cookies for your session storage (the default), the max is 4kb. Keep in mind that is the final size, after encryption. If you use a database, the max is whatever type of field the user_data field is set to (TEXT, MEDIUMTEXT, LONGTEXT, etc)[/quote]

Well Steve, if he/she was using a database, then they probably wouldnt be storing a bunch of text in the session. OP, use a database! Another possibility is native php $_SESSION.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Yes, it's just my general reply to the session size question as it comes up from time to time.

[eluser]justmelat[/eluser]
Thanks for the replies guys. I just saw the 4K limit. I decide to go with writing another qry,dump the results in a var and them spit them out instead of using the session data.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB