Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
There's no way to submit a patch

[eluser]Scott Severance[/eluser]
I've been trying to propose a fix for bug 1819, but the bug tracker and forum are conspiring to thwart my best efforts. First, there's no way to attach a patch to the bug via the bug tracker. This is the first tracker I've used that doesn't allow attachments (except maybe for trackers for non-open source projects).

Next, I tried to attach my patch to a relevant forum thread with the intention of linking to it from the bug. However, the forum inexplicably only allows image attachments. It would be nice to be able to attach patches and such that are longer than is appropriate to include inline (my patch is 5 kB long).

Then, I tried to paste the patch inline in both a forum post and a bug comment. Both attempts were thwarted by the 6,000 character limit.

Can a way be provided to submit patches? I feel like my time in attempting to help this project has been wasted so far.

EDIT: My post was written in frustration. I've tried to tone it down a bit.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Hey Scott.

Sorry about the frustration. We always welcome community input. I've been working on some stuff for Active Record, and in fact I already have this bug fixed (just not in the svn yet). Give me another day or so and it'll be up there.

I'll look into a way where we can allow for community members to post longer code snippets.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB