Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 2.1 sessions and Internet Explorer

[eluser]sehummel[/eluser]
I've been reading a lot online about CodeIgniter and its issues with sessions and Internet Explorer. A lot of it seemed to center around the name of the session not having an underscore in the name. These articles all seemed to be for CI 1.x. Is CI still having this issue? I tried removing the underscore and it didn't help. I also tried adding this code:
Code:
header ( 'P3P: CP="IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT"' );

But that didn't help either. What we are trying to do specifically is give our dealers a link they can put on their site that will open an iframe to part of our site. The iframe works fine on our site, but not on our dealers sites. Could this have to do with cross-domain issues?

Isn't this something that should have been resolved in CI by now? I would think their native sessions would not have this problem.

Could this have to do with our dealer being in Australia? I understand IE uses the server's time to set session expiration. Could IE be viewing a valid session as expired?

[eluser]NeoArc[/eluser]
Hmm, try adding this at the beginning of your index.php file
The correct timezone is the current server timezone.

Code:
date_default_timezone_set ( 'America/New_York' );

http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

No, that didn't help. Thanks for the suggestion.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
As it is, Internet Explorer gives lower level of trust to IFRAME pages (IE calls this "third-party" content). If the page inside the IFRAME doesn't have a Privacy Policy, its cookies are blocked (which is indicated by the eye icon in status bar, when you click on it, it shows you a list of blocked URLs).

You will need to setup a Privacy Policy for them...

Is this the P3P policy I've been reading about? I found a site called p3pedit.com that seemed to offer something in this realm.

This iframe is our configurator and has several steps. Why does it work fine initially and then stop accepting cookies and then stop displaying a page, progressively, as you go through the process.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB