Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Publish the CI app stand-alone

[eluser]Kurai[/eluser]
Thisi is clearly a newbie question, but I searched the forum and didn't find anything. Long story short: I've made with CI a small aggregator of online services I use (my blogs, flickr and so on). Some people noticed it and asked me for a stand-alone version they can install on their own servers.

Now. How to do this? Simply republishing all CI structure? there's a better way to do it?

Thank you!

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I think you can go two ways. You make a aggregator module for CI and convince people CI can power their whole website or you have to rewrite it to a class and you could use CI classes that are essential for your application.

I think importing a framework in an existing site is not a good idea because you don't know if the constants will cause conflicts and then there will be two different trains of thought.

[eluser]Negligence[/eluser]
Write an auto-installer to setup the database, config files, etc. Then package up the entire framework plus your application, give some documentation, and distribute.

[eluser]Kurai[/eluser]
Maybe is a silly question: I don't need all the user guide files, right?

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
[quote author="Kurai" date="1199385776"]Maybe is a silly question: I don't need all the user guide files, right?[/quote]
no, no need... theorethically you can kill all unused libraries too... if the whole thing has to be small..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB