Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
URI control

[eluser]Perkin5[/eluser]
Well I thought my dropdown box in the view did just that. You just click the down arrow and there are all the categories. You click one and then click the 'choose' button and then all the items of that category appear on the page. How else could you do it? I'm not clear what alternative you're suggesting...

[eluser]Samus[/eluser]
[quote author="Perkin5" date="1333920574"]Well I thought my dropdown box in the view did just that. You just click the down arrow and there are all the categories. You click one and then click the 'choose' button and then all the items of that category appear on the page. How else could you do it? I'm not clear what alternative you're suggesting...[/quote]

I posted a whole code segment on the last page, all you'd need to do is create links for those.

If you don't want to use normal anchor tags, you can use your dropdowns as links instead.

[eluser]Perkin5[/eluser]
Oh I see - you're saying don't use a form at all, just straight anchor tags. And maybe do the dropdown box with jquery or something? That just never occured to me for a second, I assumed all input to a controller had to be done with the post array. Wow - blinding flash!

That's the missing step I couldn't get past. Great gobbets of dumbness.

Many many thanks for your time and patience.

[eluser]Samus[/eluser]
[quote author="Perkin5" date="1333921528"]Oh I see - you're saying don't use a form at all, just straight anchor tags. And maybe do the dropdown box with jquery or something? That just never occured to me for a second, I assumed all input to a controller had to be done with the post array. Wow - blinding flash!

That's the missing step I couldn't get past. Great gobbets of dumbness.

Many many thanks for your time and patience.[/quote]
Yeah pretty much. If you want your dropdowns to link to another page, just set the url in their respectful value fields.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB