Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Form validation returning false with no errors

[eluser]thisischris[/eluser]
Hi there. I'm using V 2.1.0.

I have a file upload form along with other fields. With error logging I have managed to figure out that the validation:
Code:
$this->form_validation->set_rules('name', 'name', 'required|htmlentities');
            $this->form_validation->set_rules('tags', 'tags', 'required|htmlentities');
            $this->form_validation->set_rules('collection_id', 'collection', 'required|integer');
fails on files that seem to be bigger than about 8mb. Although there are no errors return from validation_errors(). This only happens on my live server (linux) and not my localhost at home (running windows).

I'll try it on my linux localhost and see if I get the same result.

Other than that is there anything else I can try?

Thank you.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Sounds like the linux box has a max file upload size enforced in php. Check your php.ini.

[quote author="skunkbad" date="1334213540"]Sounds like the linux box has a max file upload size enforced in php. Check your php.ini.[/quote]

Thank you! Your correct.

According to my host, the php.ini effects the directory it is in only and no sub directories.

I have put the php.ini into the /application/controllers/x/ folder but it still reports the old values. Should I place the php.ini in the core folder or somewhere else perhaps?

Thank you for your help!

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
That's probably a better question for your host, but it couldn't hurt to try to put it in various places to see if it works.

[quote author="skunkbad" date="1334254317"]That's probably a better question for your host, but it couldn't hurt to try to put it in various places to see if it works.[/quote]

Fixed!! I put the following php.ini file in my web root folder.
Code:
upload_max_filesize = 16M
post_max_size = 16M

It's working perfectly now. Thank you for your help skunkbad. Much appreciated. :-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB