Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Simultaneous requests hang on shared hosting site

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I've recently spent quite a bit of time converting our project to CodeIgniter and it's all been working fine on our local servers. However now I've deployed it to the shared hosting site simultaneous requests are locking the application.

I first noticed this with ajax requests which are issued in close succession. The XHR output in firebug shows the requests as in progress and after 10 mins or so they show as 505's or else they finally complete. Any request issued to the site during this time has the same problem i.e. even requests from different sessions. A simple page request during an ajax request will also cause it to happen.

Since it's all working locally this has to be to do with the configuration on the hosting site but I'm struggling to know what to look for. There are no errors in my CI log with trace level 4. If I recode my ajax requests to bypass CI it works fine.

I'm seriously worried about this now since I pushed for us to move to CodeIgniter after a certain amount of resistance within the team. I've been googling and reading for hours but I can't find anyone else with the same problem.

I've disabled my custom CI hook which writes to the ci session in case it was session related but I don't believe it is now.
Also added added MY_Session.php extension so that ajax requests don't update the session id.

I'm using jquery to do my ajax requests e.g.:
Code:
$.get(CI.site_url + "/common/findMakeModel/findModels", { manufacturer:manufacturer},
function(data)
{  
      setInnerHTML('model', data);
        setCount();
}, "text");

I've tried post rather than get as someone suggested .htaccess issues (haven't specified anything other than deny from all in my .htaccess) but made no difference

Does anyone have any ideas at all either what it might be or how I can best go about finding out what it is?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Update ...

Noticed that the log file was being written to during the period the application was locked but incredibly slowly. I had increased the logging level to investigate a previous issue so all messages were being logged. Turned the logging level down to 1 and hey presto my simultaneous requests worked fine. Turned it back to 4 and they stopped working again.

I'll monitor tomorrow but hopefully this is the cause of the problems.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB