Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
mod_rewrite issues

[eluser]tix[/eluser]
I am currently in a rather strange situation.
I ported a legacy php application to codeigniter and have to rewrite all the old urls to the new ones.As this application is a web service I need to keep full backward compatibility with the old version (which except GET it also sends POST variables).
I currently have tried the following (sales.php is the old script and /Sale is the new url)

RewriteRule sales.php /index.php/Sale -> RESULT : Codeingiter 404 page
RewriteRule sales.php /index.php/Sale [QSA] -> RESULT : Codeingiter 404 page
RewriteRule sales.php /index.php/Sale [R,QSA] -> RESULT: Redirect to /Sale but all POST is lost
RewriteRule sales.php /index.php/Sale [R,QSA,P] -> Apache 404 page (tried to use mod_proxy to proxy POST vars).

An ideal solution would be the first one (no redirect and all vars sent) but I can understand why it is giving a (in codeigniter) 404.
Any help would be really appreciated.

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
I think the problem is that you put an "/" before index.php, so it search in the root directory of the domain, and i guess that your app is in a subdir. Also you must use lowercase in controller and method, even if the controller name start with uppercase in the php file. so try this one :

Code:
RewriteRule sales.php index.php/sale

Note : this rule implies that sales.php and index.php reside in the same folder, so if you have your index.php ( the ci index.php ) in another dir must redirect there.

Saludos

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Typically if you're rewriting a web application to use new URLs, you should just create a 301 Redirect (permanently moved page) to forward to the new URL. You'd use the full URL in this case.

Using Redirect:
Code:
Redirect 301 sales.php http://www.example.com/sale

Using RewriteRule:
Code:
RewriteRule ^sales\.php$ http://www.example.com/sale [R=301,L]

[eluser]tix[/eluser]
First of all thanks for your replies!

@vitoco
I was pretty sure that this is not the case but I did remove the leading slash and it did not work (the application is not in a subdir but in domain root).As for the case sensitivity it is actually Sale as it follows my naming conversion.

@Aken
We dont REALLY need a 301 as this is a web service and we dont really about SEO or anything.Following your example wont all $_POST data get lost?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB