Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Okvee Web Start, a free Codeigniter based back-end system

[eluser]vee[/eluser]
Hello,

I have made back-end system based on CI.
It is not CMS, it is back-end with account controlled.

Featured:
-Account manager (add/edit/delete from admin; register,login,forgot password,logout,edit profile from front-end)
-Account level or account roles.
-Permission control.
-Site configuration.
-Modules (Modular extensions)
-Theme (instrad of using views, use theme folder. but you can still use views)

back-end screenshot | 'prototype of front-end' screenshot

For:
Anyone who want to create new project with codeigniter and want account system or permission control.

You can download at http://www.okvee.net/articles/ok-vee-web-starter-kit by looking for latest version.
My webpage is Thai language but i'm sure you can easily find the download link.

Installation:
1.Extract zip
2.Create database and apply application/config/database.php settings
3.Import okv-ws-freshclean-install.sql into selected database.
4.Open this database (maybe in Phpmyadmin) > go to ws_accounts > edit first account > change username and email to your desire.
5.Change configurations as you want in application/config/ [config.php, email.php, website.php]
6.Set folder permission or chmod at client/avatar

Develop inside Codeigniter's application folder
-In "site-admin", you should extend controller from admin_controller instead of CI_Controller.
-In front-end or not inside "site-admin", you should extend MX_Controller.
-Create _define_permission() method in every controller inside "site-admin" (please take a look at site-admin/account.php for sample)
-To check permission in controller/method use this code
Code:
if ( $this->account_model->check_admin_permission("", "page_name", "action1") == false ) {redirect( 'site-admin' );}

Develop inside modules folder
-Every controller that works in "site-admin" should extends admin_controller
-Create file ModuleName_admin.php extends MX_Controller and create _define_permission() method in it.
-Create admin_nav() method in ModuleName_admin.php for the menu appears in "site-admin"

Use theme
-Create theme name as folder inside client/themes folder
-Create or copy the same file name as you see in views into new theme folder. You may modify file content as you wish.
-Design css and that's it.

very easy?

if you like it, help me buy some food. http://flattr.com/thing/652115/Okvee-Web-Start

[eluser]LeMec[/eluser]
I absolutely love these kind of contributions...They are really perfect for newbies...(I am sort of a newbie, but its been a while, that I am trying to get a handle on these things)I guess I am not that smart Wink

In any case, these are great because it is really easy to learn from them, since they are not packed with features, fancy libraries, templates, themes, and all the bell and
whistles that come with the best submissions that are out there...

With this one, you simply learn how to use MX, Install/Uninstall a module, how to have an admin panel and a front end in the same application(one way of doing it),
how to create users...

At first glance, there does not seem to be much there, but that is already a lot! Again this is perfect to get started...

Just a couple of things...

-- If you are going to change the config file default language to english, you will get an error...You need to add this in the blog module...language/english,/take the thai file and translate it.
-- If you create an account, and you can not send emails(no internet, not set up properly, or whatever), an account can not be created. Even if you say activate by admin...
-- if you uninstall the blog, the website/frontend will still try to get the blog posts and you with get an error something like table does not exist...

Also, the whole thing is pretty much in thai...So not everything uses the language files...But like the author said, you can still understand what is going on...

Again, thanks for this contribution, and I recommend it to every newbie out there...

[eluser]vee[/eluser]
[quote author="LeMec" date="1335795927"]I absolutely love these kind of contributions...They are really perfect for newbies...(I am sort of a newbie, but its been a while, that I am trying to get a handle on these things)I guess I am not that smart Wink

In any case, these are great because it is really easy to learn from them, since they are not packed with features, fancy libraries, templates, themes, and all the bell and
whistles that come with the best submissions that are out there...

With this one, you simply learn how to use MX, Install/Uninstall a module, how to have an admin panel and a front end in the same application(one way of doing it),
how to create users...

At first glance, there does not seem to be much there, but that is already a lot! Again this is perfect to get started...

Just a couple of things...

-- If you are going to change the config file default language to english, you will get an error...You need to add this in the blog module...language/english,/take the thai file and translate it.
-- If you create an account, and you can not send emails(no internet, not set up properly, or whatever), an account can not be created. Even if you say activate by admin...
-- if you uninstall the blog, the website/frontend will still try to get the blog posts and you with get an error something like table does not exist...

Also, the whole thing is pretty much in thai...So not everything uses the language files...But like the author said, you can still understand what is going on...

Again, thanks for this contribution, and I recommend it to every newbie out there...
[/quote]
thank you for your comment.
yes, my script is not that good and i'll fix these things later when i have time.
it's good when there is someone tell me what is broken, bug.
;-)

edit----------------
You have to change application/config/email.php to use mail like this.
$config['protocol'] = 'mail';
This will use php mail() function and it is basic way to send email. (If your server can send email with php mail() function.)
Now you can register and send emails.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB