Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Twitter or Facebook login

[eluser]AnishKumar20[/eluser]
Hi, I am fairly new to Codeigniter and did some basic projects using this framework.
But now i want to develop an application in which login with social media accounts like twitter and facebook is possible.
I have read several tutorials on this and tried them but had no success.
I got errors : oauth_token_secret missing,undefined and even then it allows to login using twitter but as user "allows" the application and redirects it back to application then it shows error that oauth_token & oauth_token_secret undefined in Twitter_oauth library which i developed using this tutorial :

http://www.packtpub.com/article/user-aut...tter-oauth

Can anyone help me in implementing this feature Smile . And provide me step-by-step what to do Smile.
I am really stuck Sad .

NOTE : I want user to login on my application using their twitter ids, and then i want to use twitter API to make some method calls like status updates, public time line,etc,.

Please help asap !

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
Quote:I got errors : oauth_token_secret missing,undefined
Sounds like you haven't registered your app with FB or twitter. Not sure of the urls off the top of my head, just google it. "register my app with facebook", "register my app with twitter".

Once you register it, you'll get a secret key for your app. This is what fb/twitter uses to know what websites are making requests for user login credentials.

Check out a3m for an existing module for fb, twitter, yahoo, google/gmail and openid login. If you're using CI 2+ (which you should be!) it's called a3m marshmallow

[eluser]AnishKumar20[/eluser]
I have registered my application on twitter and i have got a consumer key and consumer secret.
But still no success.
Anyways i'll try this a3m marshmallow.
Thanks man Smile

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
Ah okay... I'm not sure what it is then. As you know, there's lots of code going on when it comes into 3rd party login credentials. Yeah, check it out, perhaps you'll see something in the code that points you in the right direction.

Oh, do you have your localhost pointed to a virtual directory? You MUST DO THIS for facebook (not sure about twitter, cannot remember).

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB