Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
First mini app--where to get constructive criticism?

[eluser]echo_boom[/eluser]
Hello all. New to MVC and this community.

I created a mini web application that allows a user to upload an image. It will then check to see if the image has greater width than 405 px and also that it’s aspect ratio is 1:1 - 3:2 for landscape OR 1:1 - 2:3 for portrait. If the image meets that criteria it will then resize the image down to 405px width using
$config['master_dim'] = 'width';

Trying to create a control panel page for users in company where it displays their avatar and allows them to upload a new image.

This is my first attempt at anything MVC or really modular for that matter and I really need to have this simple app checked to know I’m on the right track so I can move forward. It consists of a controller, 2 simple/short views and a MY_file_helper file which adds 1 custom function to the file helper.

Should I just post all the files on the CI forum with each file enclosed in code brackets?

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
I'd suggest learning how to use Github and adding them there if you're interested in peer reviewing code.

[quote author="Aken" date="1336543516"]I'd suggest learning how to use Github and adding them there if you're interested in peer reviewing code.[/quote]

Thank you for the response.

Yes, I was roughly familiar with what Github was about, but was hesitant to actually use it do to my application being so short and simple. I figured it might be more efficient to just post it in the forum.

I will be posting to Github shortly. Thank you again.

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
You may also just post in here on the forum, but please don't do it with code brackets. Either use GitHub's gist or zip the content and just post a link here.
That way it's probably most convenient for everyone to read your code Wink

[quote author="PhilTem" date="1336563493"]You may also just post in here on the forum, but please don't do it with code brackets. Either use GitHub's gist or zip the content and just post a link here.
That way it's probably most convenient for everyone to read your code Wink[/quote]

Thank you! Please check my new forum post.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB