Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
XSS_clean question

[eluser]Matalina[/eluser]
I currently have xss_clean globally enabled. But I want to turn it off for one or two fields in my forms. I've looked through the Input Class but not sure which happens first.

If I call
Code:
$this->input->post('name',FALSE);

Will it not use xss_clean even tho it's globally enabled?

[eluser]mikedfunk[/eluser]
From what I understand this is a flaw (IMHO) in the xss clean system. It's either all on or you have to do them one-by-one.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
I usually have global off and just set xss_clean in the validation rules where they're needed. Then if you're accessing post() or set_value() or whatever it will be clean if it passes validation and you don't need to keep doing it.

so basically it's all or nothing.... fun good thing this is an app that's just starting and not in the middle or end when a feature is added lol.

[eluser]weboap[/eluser]
can you try
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37884...post-basis

Okay and why would that work over setting the value to FALSE?

I thought that you overwrote anything that was placed into the variable if it was passed.

I really don't see how rewriting that works. The input constructor is what cleans data when XSS_clean is set globally. So data is already cleaned by the time the post method is called which is why it can't be unset. So I don't think that method should work at all either. It's really no different than setting the value to false.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB