Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
problem installing sparks from command line

[eluser]bulmer[/eluser]
Although I can install the various Sparks I use manually, I would much prefer to install them by the Command Line. However when I try all I get is an empty folder structure for the Spark. I am running CI on a Local Development Server (Uniform Server) on a Win 7 laptop. I emailed getsparks.org but received no reply.
Anyone had a similar experience here? Cheers.

[eluser]bulmer[/eluser]
...and this is the error I receive when I try to download a spark:

Warning: rename(C:\Users\All\AppData\Local\Temp\/spark-24-1336898497/spark.info,
./sparks/autoform/3.8.1/spark.info): No error in E:\UniServer530_codeigniter\www
\tools\lib\spark\spark_utils.php on line 46
←[1;36m[ SPARK ]←[0m Spark installed to ./sparks/autoform/3.8.1 - You're on fire
!

Only i'm not "on fire", just an empty folder structure...

[eluser]Ayeyermaw[/eluser]
Are you running CMD in administrator mode? Might be due to permissions.

[eluser]bulmer[/eluser]
Thanks Ayeyermaw. Yes, its used in Admin Mode.
Looking at the first line of the warning above, it seems like there is a problem with the direction of the slashes in the second part.I think that part of the url string refers to the downloaded and extracted spark zip.I don't know why it has a forward-slash format though....

[eluser]bulmer[/eluser]
I still have no idea why this won't work.....anyone???

Warning: rename(C:\Users\All\AppData\Local\Temp\/spark-24-1336898497/spark.info,
./sparks/autoform/3.8.1/spark.info): No error in E:\UniServer530_codeigniter\www
\tools\lib\spark\spark_utils.php on line 46

[eluser]Ayeyermaw[/eluser]
this one leave me scratching my head. sorry Sad

[eluser]bulmer[/eluser]
Thanks Ayeyermaw.
I have ended up finding a fix for this problem:
I changed the rename() function (in line 46 of \tools\lib\spark\spark_utils.php) to the copy() function, which takes the same parameters. This now works without errors.
I hope this helps someone else on a Local Windows Server.
Cheers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB