Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter Nested Sets "Method name must be a string in" Error

[eluser]s1nc4pp[/eluser]

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
That nested sets library won't work for you then unless you update a lot of it. It was written for pre version 2 of CI and hasn't been maintained. There were some big changes between v1.7 and 2.0 which makes just about everything created before 2.0 incompatible without some adjustments. Things like models extend CI_Model instead of just Model, and a lot of active record methods that library uses have been deprecated, things like orwhere() are now or_where(), etc. That's a big library and so a lot of things will need to be updated to make it work, unfortunately.

I would suggest looking into WanWizards DataMapper library (search around on forum). I haven't personally used it but from what I understand it has an optional nested sets component and WanWizard writes quality code. Not sure if there are other CI2.0+ Nested Sets libraries available, which is a shame because it really rocks for maintaining large trees of data.

[eluser]s1nc4pp[/eluser]
Hmmm, thanks so much i will try DataMapper

[eluser]s1nc4pp[/eluser]
in the meantime i tired this class in ci 1.7 and i have the same errors Smile
i think its not about ci version

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Ok. Maybe something wrong with that demo code then, but I've used that library in CI 1.73 and I know it works. If I recall, there were some adjustments that still needed to be made but don't know off the top of my head. That was a few years ago.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB