Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hopefully easy question?

[eluser]NICJerry[/eluser]
I am not a CodeIgniter user myself and I have a very simple working knowledge of PHP. My problem is a new client just dumped an existing website on me that was apparently written with CI. They have an admin section which they must log into but now they want to do away with the captcha routine.

As best as I can tell, this site was written with CI 1.0 and is using DX_Auth for authentication. So the hopefully easy question is:

How do I disable captcha?

They want all the same functionality, just without the captcha routine getting in the way.

If more info would help, please let me know what I can dig up. Thanks!

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
My advice is hire a web developer to take care of it, if your time is worth anything. They'll handle it much faster than you could.

Thanks for the advice, but the original developer is long out of the picture/country.

[eluser]Sanjay Sarvaiya[/eluser]
You can disable Captcha from dx_auth.php which one is located in config folder.

change TRUE to FALSE;
Code:
$config['DX_captcha_login'] = FALSE;

that helps!

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
[quote author="NICJerry" date="1337299008"]Thanks for the advice, but the original developer is long out of the picture/country.[/quote]
Perhaps, but I'm pretty certain that they are not the only web developer on the planet that could help you Wink

Sanjay - I found the line you mentioned, but it's already set to FALSE:

// Login
$config['DX_captcha_login'] = FALSE;

What does that tell us?

Aken - This one is on me...hiring an outside developer is not an option.

UPDATE

I found this line in the dx_auth.php:

$config['DX_max_login_attempts'] = 1;

I changed that to:

$config['DX_max_login_attempts'] = 10;

and the captcha shouldn't show up unless there are 10 failed login attempts, correct?

Even if that's the case, it's still a band-aid and I would like to disable it properly. Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB