Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Discuss fighting CI forum spam - Lets find a solution to this problem!

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
I am starting this new forum topic for users to discuss about the forum spamming and how we may be able to find a solution to this problem!

Thank you.

1) Ban the users IP Address after a certain amout of spam flags.
2) Ban the users handle.
3) Ban the users email address.

[eluser]Rok Biderman[/eluser]
Under 1) I would also add - delete the posts they've made.

The Moderators delete them now if they are flaged.

[eluser]weboap[/eluser]
as i suggested in a different post, it will be helpful if they implement on the forum, that if a post is flagged by eg : 10 people, can be of certain class of users , the post is disabled or pulled, and the poster suspended till an admin get to it and decide the next step, and then the users can do there part like that and possibly stop the spammer in his or her track.
2 - if on the home page of the forum there is clear instructions on how to report spammers "report spammers click [Report]" and make it clear for people to do there part.
3- and i know i just did it last night sorry!, don't answer spam post that make them stay alive in the forum...

[eluser]Rok Biderman[/eluser]
[quote author="weboap" date="1337349956"]as i suggested in a different post, it will be helpful if they implement on the forum, that if a post is flagged by eg : 10 people, can be of certain class of users , the post is disabled or pulled, and the poster suspended till an admin get to it and decide the next step, and then the users can do there part like that and possibly stop the spammer in his or her track.[/quote]

This seems like a good idea.

Quote:as i suggested in a different post, it will be helpful if they implement on the forum, that if a post is flagged by eg : 10 people, can be of certain class of users , the post is disabled or pulled, and the poster suspended till an admin get to it and decide the next step, and then the users can do there part like that and possibly stop the spammer in his or her track.
2 - if on the home page of the forum there is clear instructions on how to report spammers “report spammers click [Report]” and make it clear for people to do there part.
3- and i know i just did it last night sorry!, don’t answer spam post that make them stay alive in the forum…

Ok, on this one have EllisLabs add a Forum Rules and have the users check a checkbox that they have read the Forum Rules. But place the checkbox at the bottom of the Rules and do not allow a user to post if they have not read the Forum Rules.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB