Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
"URI you submitted has disallowed characters" -- even on example.com/index.php

[eluser]sneakyimp[/eluser]
I'm very new to codeigniter (and enjoying it so far). I am trying to get another developer up to speed on a legacy project. I downloaded the source code, database, etc. to my development machine (Ubuntu 11) and was working happily there with a local installation of apache and an entry in /etc/hosts to refer a temporary url to my local machine.

I zipped up my source code, database, etc. and sent it to the other developer working on a mac with same apache version, same php version, etc. He's using the same db credentials, the same file system path, the same apache configuration, everything and yet codeigniter refuses even the most basic url:

http://example.com/index.php

I have searched around and found this thread which doesn't seem to apply for this simplest of urls. The errors he reports are:

The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.
The requested URL /".$location." was not found on this server.

He says his browser is redirected to http://example.com/".$location."

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I'm wondering if it might be a character encoding issue or something?

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
I'd ask him to install the stock CI from the download page and see if he can get the welcome message to appear on his mac. I have a feeling something in his apache isn't setup correctly for this. The default apache setup on the mac is, well, strange. At least to me it was.

[eluser]sneakyimp[/eluser]
He has already taken the liberty of installing a clean CI from the download page and successfully gets the codeigniter default page. I think that one or more of the files may have a char encoding problem or something? Perhaps something like windows line endings or UTF8 versus latin encoding, etc. Or perhaps CI uses the short PHP tags (<? rather than <?php) or something?

Any suggestions? This project is a bit too complicated to inspect every file.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB