Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
File Uploading Class - Large File Problems

[eluser]chipp[/eluser]
Hello Experts,

I followed the examples on http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...ading.html for setting up a file upload form. I have it working correctly for small files such as jpg,txt,etc...

I would like to use this form to upload .flv files that average a size greater than 150mb.

I had to add flv to the mime config file and I can upload smaller .flv files of < 50mb.

My issue is this:
Using Google Chrome, I select a larger file (198mb) and start the upload. After awhile it comes back and says that I did not choose a file. I assume that the upload is timing out or something like that. Does anyone know how to correct this? (server config??, php config??)

[eluser]gRoberts[/eluser]
This is more likely to be a server configuration issue.

Look at upload_max_filesize and other related ini settings that must be changed to accept larger file uploads.

[eluser]weboap[/eluser]
check your php.ini values for.
Code:
file_uploads
    upload_max_filesize
    max_input_time
    memory_limit
    max_execution_time
    post_max_size

- then check if you are using sessions that your sessions are not expiring.
- check the $config['max_size']= '100';

then post some code of how you are trying to do it, so we can help.

[eluser]chipp[/eluser]
[quote author="weboap" date="1337786365"]check your php.ini values for.
Code:
file_uploads
    upload_max_filesize
    max_input_time
    memory_limit
    max_execution_time
    post_max_size

- then check if you are using sessions that your sessions are not expiring.
- check the $config['max_size']= '100';

then post some code of how you are trying to do it, so we can help.

[/quote]

Thank you. I will check the values in the php.ini file. I did adjust the max_upload_size to support files around 200mb. I will see about adjusting some of those values relating to time because it seems like it is timing out due to the amount of time it is taking to upload a 200mb file.

I am currently not using sessions but I will be putting this controller behind a login so I will be using them in the future.

[eluser]weboap[/eluser]
just make sure that post_max_size value is bigger than upload_max_filesize .

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
what localhost system do you use if xampp check you post_max_size in php.ini and change it to 128M or more.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB