Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is there a way i can access the session data of another application?

[eluser]lalay[/eluser]
i need to use the session data of my one application to check if a user is logged in. if not, it cannot access the other application.

htdocs/app1
htdocs/app2

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Pass it through a domain cookie or a database record.

[eluser]lalay[/eluser]
is it ok if i ask for the syntax? i'm new with the framework and what I've tried so far didn't work. thank you very much for the fast reply Smile
edit: I'm only working in localhost. if it makes a difference. and i need to use cookies.

If both applications are going to be on the same domain then you can use a cookie otherwise you would need to save the information in to a database table for checking it.

Let me know which one you prefer to use and I will see what I can do for you.

[eluser]lalay[/eluser]
would using the cookies be applicable for the structure of my applications? if so, i do prefer it. thank you!

If your applications end up on two different domains then you would have trouble using cookies.

[eluser]lalay[/eluser]
they end up in the same domain. i think Big Grin
sorry for the lack of information. the application's not my own. I'm just updating it so I still don't know the structure in entirety.

[eluser]lalay[/eluser]
they end up in the same domain. i think Big Grin
sorry for the lack of information. the application's not my own. I'm just updating.

I need to know what information you need form the domain.

username etc;

[eluser]lalay[/eluser]
hmmmm. actually i just need to check if the user is logged in. so maybe if it is already set?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB