Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
dBase support into CI Database Class

[eluser]Daniel Peraza[/eluser]
Hi CI friends!. I need to export data from an old dBase based application into a MySQL Server. I would like to know if I can do that using CI Database Class or if I have to write an additional layer for exporting those data into XML or another standard format.

[eluser]kgill[/eluser]
Honestly, your best bet would be to just write a script yourself using PHP's native database support, CI is meant for developing applications using it for a script like this would be like renting a backhoe to dig a 2 inch hole. All you need to do is select from one table in dBase, loop through the recordset and insert that into a corresponding table in your MySQL database.

CI could do it but since CI doesn't support dBase unless you can use ODBC you're going to have to write a dBase driver. If you want to auto create the tables in MySQL based on what's in dBase then you're going to have to figure out a way to make dBase spit out metadata. Then once you've done all that, you still have to code the app to make use of the driver you just made - like I said wrong tool for the job.

- K

[eluser]gangsar[/eluser]
Hi master kgill, and all...

I have the same problem. In case I want to integrate PHPXBase http://phpclasses.org/phpxbase with Code Igniter.

Need really-really any help for all masters here...

Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB