Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Logging Errors not working properly

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,
I'm using codeigniter on a production server, and I'm not able to properly log the errors generated to the file. I edited php.ini like this-
Code:
error_reporting = E_ALL | E_NOTICE | E_STRICT|E_WARNING
display_errors = Off
log_errors = On
error_log = "/var/log/php-scripts.log" // This is where I would like to log all the errors and notices..

And php-scripts.log is able to show the logs like this-
Code:
[06-Jun-2012 03:22:20 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:26:06 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:30:05 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:30:07 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:30:11 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0

Now, the "index.php" settings in my "public_html" folder, (i've rest of CI folder outside public_html) I've these settings-

Code:
define('ENVIRONMENT', 'production');

if (defined('ENVIRONMENT'))
{
switch (ENVIRONMENT)
{
  case 'development':
   error_reporting(E_ALL);
  break;

case 'testing':
  case 'production':
   error_reporting(0);
  break;

default:
   exit('The application environment is not set correctly.');
}
}
Though everything seems to be fine, now, I'll just change Environment to "development", this is what I get on my website homepage-
Quote:A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning

Message: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given

Filename: core/Common.php

Line Number: 91

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theuser/codeigniter/system/core/Exceptions.php:185)

Filename: core/Security.php

Line Number: 188
The "rest" of the page is also displayed. And when I look at php-scripts.log, I'm not able to see any of these logs there-
Quote:[06-Jun-2012 03:22:20 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:26:06 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:30:05 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:30:07 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:30:11 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
[06-Jun-2012 03:37:41 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0

One more thing is I don't know how/where codeigniter itself would log all the errors.
The permissions of "application/logs" folder is "777", but there is no log file (I was expecting that CodeIgniter would automatically create a log file, should I create one, if I've to log errors there). I've set these configurations in config/config.php
Code:
$config['log_threshold'] = 4;
$config['log_path'] = '';  //hoping it would log errors at "default" location...

Ideally, I just wish I'd all those errors (with messages) that were displayed on my webpage were sent to log-file /var/log/php-scripts.log when the "Environment" is "Production". If it's not possible, I would also be fine, If i can log it somewhere else. Now, I'm confused as to what should be the settings in the "index.php" page , so as to supress all the errors and warnings on the webpage, and send all those errors, warnings, and notices to php-scripts.log.

my php version is
PHP 5.3.13 with Suhosin v0.9.33

Please help me with this. Thank you

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB