Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
TINY MCE editor popup windows not showing

[eluser]exodus7[/eluser]
Hello everyone,

I seem to have run into a small problem using the TINY MCE editor. When loaded, If I want to add a picture or a link, I get a popup window which tries to open a file but the content of the file is not visible. All I see is an empty window. If I view the source, I can see all of the html there but none of it shows.

Here's how I load it in the view:

Code:
tinyMCE.init({
    theme : "advanced",
    mode : "textareas"
});

So what that does is load the editor on all of my text area fields. The bold, italics, underline buttons all work, but if it requires a separate window to open such as adding an image or adding a link, none of the windows show any content :ahhh: .

Anyone have any ideas :question:

[eluser]tonanbarbarian[/eluser]
Just posted something in another post that might be relevant
TinyMCE and Email Addresses

[eluser]Chris Newton[/eluser]
Are you using a mac? If so Safari / Firefox each have their own issues with TinyMCE.

[eluser]exodus7[/eluser]
I'm developing on mac but the same thing occurs on PC using either FireFox or IE.

[eluser]exodus7[/eluser]
tonanbarbarian:

I've checked my js paths and changed all of them to absolute url and same thing occurs: page loads, I can't see anything but if I do a view source, I am able to see all the code fine

[eluser]Chris Newton[/eluser]
I dont' know what it'd report, but do you have all levels of error logging turned on in your system? Just wondering if there could be some kind of parse error. Don't know why the page would be blank, but wouldn't hurt to know if something's being written to the logs.

What about using firebug in Firefox to identify if there's a Javascript error somewhere?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I had the same problem. And I post this massage because I want to people know how to solve it though the topic is 3 years old almost +)
there is an interesting variable in tiny_mce_popup.js file "document.domain"
set its value by your domain name;
P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB