Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Getting Blank Page on load

[eluser]7th Sense[/eluser]
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie on CodeIgniter and to start learning this fabulous framework, I am using the following book: Professional CodeIgniter (Wrox Professional Guides), the book seems great explaining how to build an online shop with CI. The main problem with this book is that the author makes a lot of mistakes on the code what is very irritating since people who read it are trying to learn and it makes it harder to do it with errors on the code. Well I just finish Chapter 3 and I have made views, controllers, models and even css file and everything and the book says that when I load localhost it should came out our online shop all the part we done but, instead of that I get a blank page. Why I get a blank page? What I am missing to get this?

By the way when I go to the option "view source code" on the browser the page ins completely blank there is no code, why is that? What I am doing wrong ?

Cheers!

[eluser]TomTom[/eluser]
The book you're following was published in 2008. Since then Codeigniter has changed quite a lot. I myself am a beginner but I'm pleased with my current progress and am willing to help you get started.

Please bear in mind that with Codeigniter advancing from version 1.7 to 2.0 there's been an important change in code. I advise you to read about that change on the internet.

Also, the question you are asking is very wide and unfortunately nobody could help you if you don't give us an example of your code. How does your config file look like? How about controller and view files? Please show as your code if you wish to get a fix.

I advise you also to follow the Codeigniter from scratch series from Net TusPlus. It was also created for CI 1.7 but you can get a lot of useful information from the comments below each episode.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB