Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Upgrading CI from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 breaks my installation

[eluser]digitalformula[/eluser]
Hi all,

I've got CI 2.1.0 running fine in my dev environment, along with the "Tank Auth" authentication system. Everything is fine like that.

If I follow the 2.1.1 upgrade instructions (http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...e_211.html), my installation breaks and the login/logout processes don't work anymore due to SQL errors. I *have* run the SQL statement to change the structure of the ip_address column, but as far as I can tell all that does is set the column size and nothing else. That shouldn't be affecting this.

The errors make sense since the syntax now the operators enclosed in single quotes - I can't explain how they're getting there. For example:

Code:
DELETE FROM ta_login_attempts WHERE [conditions snipped] `<` UNIX_TIMESTAMP(time) - `a timestamp here`

Obviously that doesn't work as the operator shouldn't be inside quotes. Copying the statement and running it manually without the quotes works fine.

Reverting back to CI 2.1.0 corrects this error and makes everything work as normal again.

Can anyone suggest why this would be? I appreciate I'm basically asking a third-party plugin question but it's only when upgrading CI that I'm getting these errors - the plugin itself hasn't changed.

Thanks

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
There is a known bug in DB_driver.php, which has already been reverted in the github repo.

Pull the source of system/database/DB_driver.php from the 2.1/stable branch and install it locally to fix it.

[eluser]Stoney[/eluser]
I had SQL statement errors too, after upgrading to 2.1.1, reverted back to 2.1.0.

Edit: replacing DB_driver.php from 2.1.0 fixed the error. THX.

[eluser]digitalformula[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1339661412"]There is a known bug in DB_driver.php, which has already been reverted in the github repo.

Pull the source of system/database/DB_driver.php from the 2.1/stable branch and install it locally to fix it.[/quote]

Perfect, thank you for the super quick response - that fixed it. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB