Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ci 3.0

[eluser]bralens[/eluser]
when should codeigniter 3.0 come out?

[eluser]michalsn[/eluser]
"While 3.0.0 is still a few months away from a stable release..." from news posted yesterday.

[eluser]nagata[/eluser]
good to see that update came out Smile
but it be even cooler to see 3.0 aviable in closets time Big Grin

[eluser]CI_expert_indian[/eluser]
Smile :bug:

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Start using the develop branch on GitHub. Post any issues you find or send in pull requests and it'll be released faster. ;-)

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1339683361"]Start using the develop branch on GitHub. Post any issues you find or send in pull requests and it'll be released faster. ;-)[/quote]

Just wanted to write something pretty similar, but I think, you already said it all!

[eluser]Glazz[/eluser]
The CI dev team should add some features like, controllers in sub/sub/... folders

So this way we could have something like:
Code:
controllers/admin/catalog/categories.php/[code]

And the name of our class controller should be
[code]Admin_Catalog_Categories extends CI_Controller

This is a simple example, but some other frameworks works this way, like the "new" Laravel, i like this feature, the route is done almost automatically, we can make it to auto detect.

Another thing is to add a permanent prefix to the controllers name classes.

Instead of
Code:
Catalog extends CI_Controller
we should have
Code:
Catalog_Controller extends CI_Controller

This way we could have a Catalog library without name conflicts..

I know i can use
Code:
$config['controller_suffix'] = '_controller';

But most people don't know about this, and some people rename the libraries to something like " catalog_lib.php ", it looks a little bit "ugly" to me lol but oh well this is just my two cents.

I know the dev team don't care to much about user feature requests but here they are.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB