Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Shopping Cart Integration

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Thanks for that suggestion - I tried to get it running on two different servers over the weekend (one XAMPP and another LAMP) with no luck at all which is a bit concerning. I couldn't log into the admin side (just redirected to login screen each time and if I typed a bass password it gave a password error - otherwise gave no error).

I posted up for some help regarding but have not seen any response as of yet which is bit worrying as I like to use a open source solution that has a supportive community. Plus the other minor offputting thing is that it seems to be mainly French orienated which maybe the reason why I haven't got any support yet as most the peopel in the know only deal with french speaking people.

It all looked soo promising but not luck as of yet Sad

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I used this tutorial from Adobe of all people to build a pretty solid shopping cart for my CI app:

Macromedia - Developer Center - Building a Persistent Shopping Cart with PHP and MySQL

It's no out of the box solution, but the tutorial is really intuitive and it's something you can get up and running really quickly.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
you could try www.opencart.com

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I've been building a CMS on CI, two days in and I already have it mostly working.. it's funny because the next leg of this was to add in a shopping cart system (custom).

My company does web design and things like Joomla are super, but over complicated for most of our customers who just want simple management ability.. (tinymce with a file/image manager) .. so I'm putting this together to meet our most common needs, in my own time.

the final system will contain:

1. no frills cms
2. no frills blog w/ comments
3. event system
4. ecom capability

[eluser]opel[/eluser]
I have built about 5 sites with X_cart (...it is ugly but it works). All you have to do is alter templates and configuration.

There are plenty modules and X_Cart can write custom scripts (code is open). It is horrible to customise and uses Smarty (horrible) for templates.

As I say it is easy, cheap and it works for straight carts.

We are pushing to build our own cart at work using CI when we get time though.

[eluser]pankaj[/eluser]
Hey Good news for all!!!

Codeigniter is giving cart library in its upcoming version 1.7.2 and I have created a good shopping cart using it. I took the cart library from Codeigniter's SVN and used it And it working excellently.

This class is just awesome!
I am lovin it!!!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
That's great news. Now the question is, when is 1.7.2 coming out? Either way I'll be pulling the cart library down to play with. I know it's not production code but you mentioned it's working for you so would you say it's ready for a small real-world app?

[eluser]rt30000[/eluser]
Curious about the new cart library as well. I have a small ecommerce site coming up and I would love to know if it's good enough to use (or if anyone has an idea of 1.7.2 release, which I doubt).

[eluser]pankaj[/eluser]
Yes I have created a TeeShirt selling website by using this code and it is just fantastic!. Yes it is very good for creating shopping cart. But I have not stretch it to its limits. But you can.

[eluser]XORd[/eluser]
yeah, it's pretty neat, although it's lacking some very simple features, for ex. when adding the same item it doesn't automatically increase quantity. anyways, i wrote a function that simplifies that.

another thing, for ex. if you have 3 items, each one in different quantity, $this->cart->total_items() would return 3. why is that? again, i had to write up a skinny function to sum up all quantities.

otherwise, i like this addition and, of course, massive thanks goes to all of you guys in the Lab!

Cheers!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB