Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Extended Core Class not Loading on server.

[eluser]ironlung[/eluser]
Hi I have an extended core class MY_Lang.php, which loads perfectly well at home on my mamp server but not on my hosting server.

After an age I decided to hack common.php load_class and find out what was going on. I could see it checking for application/core/MY_Lang.php and failing the check so:

1) I placed a file fred.txt and put in a check to find that in common.php, all fine, it found it.
2) I changed the filename to Fred.txt and changed the check in common.php to check for that filename and it fails.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on on my host server and what I can do to sort it out please?

[eluser]marcogmonteiro[/eluser]
Have you checked the file permissions?

[quote author="marcogmonteiro" date="1340112755"]Have you checked the file permissions?[/quote]

Yep, I forgot to mention that I did.

It's just weird it can see it in lowercase but fails on uppercase.....

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
It's not weird some servers are case sensitive.

When I upload my files to my server I tell it to upload them all with lowercase bullet proof.

[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1340124368"]It's not weird some servers are case sensitive.

When I upload my files to my server I tell it to upload them all with lowercase bullet proof.
[/quote]

Thanks man as weird as this thing was miraculously it's started working :/

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Some web hosts have a timing set that will stop your app from working until the time it updates everything.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB