Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Tutorial

[eluser]7th Sense[/eluser]
Hello,

I am trying to build in CI a classifieds website as my first project learning this framework, the thing is that I am newbie but, really I want to learn how to develop the right way on CI because personally I been doing some tutorials from YouTube and CI it is amazing how everything make sense and it is so simple. I still have a lot to learn and I don't feel 100% confident with CI because of that I want it to ask its community if there is a tutorial to create the 2 most important things on a website on my opinion a CMS for the admin area with CRUD, so I can insert read update and delete information on anything from an article, a post, a product or whatever dynamically that can show me the base of how to do it, the other thing is a tutorial to create user/login for the admin area.

Please I am a fast learner that wants to learn this amazing framework but, just need to be push to the right path, please help!

Also I would like to thanks to all the CI Developers from developing such and amazing framework specially because it is so intuitive and that is what I think it's the secret of it's success, because I am going to be honest and I tried CakePHP before CI and the difference it is just amazing of how everything makes sense on CI in CakePHP it is really hard to make sense of how everything works in my opinion.

Thanks again and I would appreciate any help!!

Cheers!!

Please any help, I just need to see how is done in one way nothing more, please help!

So, I can go to the right path!

Cheers!

[eluser]Nisha S.[/eluser]
There are lot of tutorials available if you Google it. You can also use http://formigniter.org for generating model, view and controller code for fast application development. Also you can use http://www.thephpcode.com to generate a codeigniter website.

[quote author="Nisha S." date="1341405422"]There are lot of tutorials available if you Google it. You can also use http://formigniter.org for generating model, view and controller code for fast application development. Also you can use http://www.thephpcode.com to generate a codeigniter website.[/quote]

Hello Nisha,

before anything thanks a lot for the reply, I was needing some light after the tunnel, I been checking out the sites you mention and formigniter is just awesome because it really helps me to understand how to create a form the right way on codeigniter, the other one I did not really understand it because the site is kind of confusing but, it seems to be like and automated code, its interesting but, I really want to use tools like formigniter that helps me understand how CI thinks, and if I start using this automated tools then I won't learn anything and I will get lazy and I don't want that.

With Formigniter I can see that helps you develop a form to add records on your DB like for example to my admin to add products on his online store, I am just missing 2 things more to be satisfied some example to read, delete and update those records to finish the CRUD and some kind of tutorial to make a secure login for my admin area.

I know the information is in Google but, I been searching like crazy before asking help here and I did not came accross with any of the sites you mention, because I been searching for tutorials to build the admin cms and there is a lot of info but, most of it is outdates is for CI version 1.7 and with the new version is completely useless that is what I read so far or the other problem is that is too basic so the cms is inserted on an array not on the DB.

So, please is you can help be out I really appreciate because seriously I want to learn whatever it takes.

Cheers!

PD: I been reading about a CI library called "Grocery CRUD", what is it about? What is your opinion of it?

[eluser]cartalot[/eluser]
>I am trying to build in CI a classifieds website

* start with something smaller, like a 3 line contact form
that has two required fields and inserts to a database

* however much time you spend studying codeigniter,
spend equal time learning PHP, and Object oriented programing,
because these are the foundations of codeigniter
tutsplus.com/course/php-fundamentals/

[quote author="cartalot" date="1341439808"]>I am trying to build in CI a classifieds website

* start with something smaller, like a 3 line contact form
that has two required fields and inserts to a database

* however much time you spend studying codeigniter,
spend equal time learning PHP, and Object oriented programing,
because these are the foundations of codeigniter
tutsplus.com/course/php-fundamentals/
[/quote]

I already got the basics I understand how most things work on CI, and the really way to learn is doing a real project that really makes your life hard in my opinion, but, I really got everything on paper and in my mind, the only thing I want is some examples for the CRUD on the admin area and a tutorial building a login in CI 2.x nothing more, the rest its easy.

Any tutorial you can recommend mate? What about the grocery crud I mentioned before is it worth it to use it?

Please help me out man.

Cheers!

[eluser]Nisha S.[/eluser]
Do you already have an understanding on MVC pattern and how that works in CI? If yes just start with your implementation and refer the CI User guide when ever you need some help in syntax.

[eluser]Michael Burn[/eluser]
Try PHP Classifieds.

I got their service and it was awesome.

Very fast and helpful, with an olx and craigslist clones. Try calling, they also have great support!

[eluser]john_j[/eluser]
There are a few basic articles on this site... http://phillipnb.wordpress.com/

The best source is the CI user guide.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB