Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email class - incorrect headers?

[eluser]Ahmed Nuaman[/eluser]
Ah yes, my apologies. Right, I'll get on to updating it!

Hey, right fetchmail's the latest build now, but it is still having problems with the headers. I'm now comparing CI's headers with that of PHPMailer.

Note: We've never had this problem before! If I get the problematic header, I'll tell you.

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
It looked like it may be a manual patch that you need to apply. A couple of the discussion sharing the fix talk as if it's being hotly debated as to whether or not the behavior is wrong.

Well I did some research, basically, it looks like it's a precaution to stop DoS attacks. If it sees an email with the first line of the headers starting in a number, it drops it. Many thought that for some stupid reason it didn't deliver it and just dropped it until it emerged that it was because of DoS attacks.

My main concern is why CI's emails are the ONLY emails that appear like this to my server? I've now got PHPMailer running again, and it's sending them fine, even when there's a batch of about 5400 (200 every minute).

I did do some comparing between CI's headers, newlines and compilation of the emails but I just need to sit down and really get on to this until I can find out what's causing this error.

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Thanks, please let me know what you find. This doesn't seem to be related to the issue you're referencing since none of CI's email headers start with a numeral. Did you try it already without the CodeIgniter User-Agent header? Don't see why it would choke on that, but that's really the only thing that's exclusive to this application.

Neither do I. The strange this is that if the message is just text, NOT multipart text/html, it comes through our server fine! Yeah, I tried removing...

User-agent
X-Sender

Didn't work.

I then also tried changing $this->newline within _send_data() func. (for SMTP comms.) to $this->crlf (crlf = \r\n) and then keeping newline as \n but that didn't work either.

I also tried changing the format of the boundary. That didn't work. And the I tried changing the charset from utf-8 to iso-... but that didn't work!

It's really got me going to figure out why.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB