Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.6.0 "beta"

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="Prasanna" date="1201025330"]I am here now to ask a doubt. When i updated my SVN this morning and checked, it seems that in the libraries\loader.php (function _ci_autoloader) the model are loaded after the libraries. But in earlier version the models are loaded first and then the libraries. So what i would like to know is, whether this is going to be remain the same OR will it be changed ?[/quote]
I think if the models are autoloaded it's safer to load the libraries first because then the database library gets loaded before the model(s).

Autoloading models is one of the recent additions which needed to be tweaked some more i guess.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Quote:i would like to know is, whether (autoloading of models) is going to be remain the same OR will it be changed ?

My thought is that it will be the same, but I could easily be convinced otherwise at this point. Do you have code that won't work under the new load sequence, and if so, could I ask that you start a thread under the bug report forum to discuss this. I certainly do not want to break existing code - my logic was just that some people have reported using libraries within their models. While I've never done this personally, I wanted to keep things working for them.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
EDIT:

Never mind just downloaded SVN copy again.

[eluser]kenjis[/eluser]
Hi, Derek

Scaffolding is really deprecated?

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/69478/

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Quote:Scaffolding is really deprecated?

I got a funny feeling there is something to replace it that is the big suprise Wink

[eluser]Sarre[/eluser]
Yeah, like a full-featured CRUD system built-in! Hubba hubba! :-)
Then I don't need to work on mine anymore Smile

[eluser]James Spibey[/eluser]
Would it be possible for this enhancement to be added to the DB_Driver/Profiler class in 1.6? It allows you to see how long each query took to execute which I find very valuable. At the moment I have to manually patch the CI files to add this every time a new release comes out.

Thanks

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="spib" date="1201118600"]Would it be possible for this enhancement to be added to the DB_Driver/Profiler class in 1.6? It allows you to see how long each query took to execute which I find very valuable. At the moment I have to manually patch the CI files to add this every time a new release comes out.

Thanks[/quote]

Okay.

[eluser]James Spibey[/eluser]
Great, thanks for the prompt reply! You guys do a great job

[eluser]sdbruder[/eluser]
Its my impression or the DB part of it received most of the "love" in this 1.5.4 -> 1.6.0 update? I know that this is totaly personal, but I prefer to write my own SQL statements instead of meta-constructing it using some API..

Im still wishing for real hierarchical controllers instead of using libraries as cheap controllers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB