Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.6.0 "beta"

[eluser]andreagam[/eluser]
Good to see CI is going to have a new release...
Do you think 1.6 can be easily used in application developed in 1.5?
Are there some tweaks to do in older applications?

Or you suggest to use 1.6 only in new projects?

Thanks for all the good work,
Andrea

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
@CI andrea : The people at Ellislab did their best to avoid breaks with older versions so i guess there will be an update guide.

I saw the show_error method still has an hardcoded english message. Will that be made language sensitive at some point?

ps : nice work can't wait to see the end result.

[eluser]pims[/eluser]
Great :-)

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
@all: Thanks for your kinds words. It means a lot. There is a LOT of hours devoted into this release, and a lot of groundwork has been laid for future work as well.

This only represents the first stretch of stuff. We've changed our internal development methodology, hired 2 new developers, and are in full swing right now. More stuff... much more stuff... is coming. There'll be a shorter gap between releases.

@lone: I alluded to it on my blog but there are other features we want added into CI, but that just aren't ready for inclusion yet (don't ask what ok... I want it to be a surprise Wink ).

@andrea: xwero nailed it. We try not to break any backwards compatibility. There's an upgrading to 1.6.0 page at http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/...e_160.html There are a few things. Probably most notable is the addition of 2 new database config variables.

@xwero: good suggestion. I'ved added the languages folder. I need to think about the implications of a POST and FILES merge, but my "knee jerk" is that this will not break anything, and would be helpful. I've split off the post that addressed that and added into feature requests so that I'll see it again. (it's here). I'd love to get some community discussion around that. With respect to the hardcoded error messages... I agree that this is something we should abstract into languages also. I'll try to find some time in the next few days, but feel free to contact me privately about that one if you want with suggestions. Its a crazy hectic time for me right now, and stuff will end up slipping through the cracks Wink

[eluser]Alex007[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1200593874"]I alluded to it on my blog but there are other features we want added into CI, but that just aren't ready for inclusion yet (don't ask what ok... I want it to be a surprise Wink ).[/quote]

Now that's not fair, tell us what it is, I can't wait !!!

Thanks a lot for all the time you are putting into CI, it is an awesome framework that really changed the way I work, so THANK YOU !!!!

[eluser]Prasanna[/eluser]
WoW!! To see the release of CodeIgniter 1.6.0 "beta"

But i am bit sad when i see the following:
Code:
An Error Was Encountered

Error Number: 1064

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`desc`' at line 3

SELECT * FROM (`welcome` w) ORDER BY w.date_added `desc`
The following is the code i have used:
Code:
$this->db->from('welcome as w');
$this->db->order_by('w.date_added desc');
$q = $this->db->get();
if($q->num_rows() > 0)
{
    echo '<pre>';
    foreach($q->result_array() as $row)
    {
        print_r($row);
    }
    echo '</pre>';
}
Actually i don't need the alias here. But while using joins i need. To point out the situation i had used the alias.

Whether i have been doing anything wrong OR is this an issue ?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
no need to be sad... that's why its a beta. Try again, I've fixed it.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
i think the problem lays with the backticking of the desc keyword but i'm not sure it's even legal to use it like that. I think you have to use order_by like this
Code:
$this->db->order_by('w.date_added','desc');

[eluser]Prasanna[/eluser]
Yeah! it has been fixed.

Thanks!!

More Happy Now :-)

[eluser]Neovive[/eluser]
Excellent news! Thanks for continuing to build upon an already excellent framework. I'm glad to see things are moving forward with CodeIgniter. Good luck with EE 2.0 as well.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB