Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI plugin for eclipse

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
@Artemis: Have you tried my suggestion in another thread

It's a bit of a hack way, as it requires you specify the libraries/models you want to have auto completion and also doesn't work on get_instance, but it's good enough most of the time

[eluser]cleansugar[/eluser]
Could you make a plugin that enables to run with CI compatible URL and GET method input?

[eluser]Corexz[/eluser]
Dear Setafano , that work perfectly from the first time
u greate

Big Grin
Corexz

[eluser]saidbakr[/eluser]
[quote author="Stefano G" date="1216424636"]@xUmaRix: I am sorry to ask such a silly question but are you using Eclipse PDT? If so and you followed my instructions, then everthing should work! I just reviewed my PDT configuration and the steps I reported in my post are right.

Anyway let me know if I can help Smile

cheers![/quote]

Sorry for my question! How could I know and get assured that my Eclipse is Eclipse PDT? The Eclipse that I have is downloaded from this page and it is called Galileo from Pulse on the regarded page.

I ask this question because the auto-complete does'nt work. I placed application and system folders on the same level. I created a project for system then I incleded it in the path of the application project but there is no any auto-complete.
For example, in Blog controler there is no autocomplete:
Code:
<?php
class Blog extends Controller{
    function index()
    {
        //$this-> -No lists-

}

}
?>

However, when I start writing $ a one item list of Blog is appeared and that's all! Please look at attached images.

[eluser]Corexz[/eluser]
[quote author="saidbakr" date="1253248793"][quote author="Stefano G" date="1216424636"]@xUmaRix: I am sorry to ask such a silly question but are you using Eclipse PDT? If so and you followed my instructions, then everthing should work! I just reviewed my PDT configuration and the steps I reported in my post are right.

Anyway let me know if I can help Smile

cheers![/quote]

Sorry for my question! How could I know and get assured that my Eclipse is Eclipse PDT? The Eclipse that I have is downloaded from this page and it is called Galileo from Pulse on the regarded page.

I ask this question because the auto-complete does'nt work. I placed application and system folders on the same level. I created a project for system then I incleded it in the path of the application project but there is no any auto-complete.
For example, in Blog controler there is no autocomplete:
Code:
<?php
class Blog extends Controller{
    function index()
    {
        //$this-> -No lists-

}

}
?>

However, when I start writing $ a one item list of Blog is appeared and that's all! Please look at attached images.[/quote]

dear said
in your eclipse open help menu -> install new software
then type PTD and you get the last releases for this plugin choose the release you want and update your eclipse
[Remember]: remember to select the software update sites or just select all availible
Also be sure that you have internet connection before you preceed

cheers bro

[eluser]saidbakr[/eluser]
Quote:dear said
in your eclipse open help menu -> install new software
then type PTD and you get the last releases for this plugin choose the release you want and update your eclipse
[Remember]: remember to select the software update sites or just select all availible
Also be sure that you have internet connection before you preceed

cheers bro

Hello dear,
Although I think that Eclipse I have may include PDT, I gone on your advice and I installed new software from the help menu. This installation told me that PDT is already found and installed some other packages. The attached image show the Eclipse dialogue of install. I still don't able to get list of methods and properties of the inherited class, for example
Code:
class Blog extends Controllers {
   function index()
      {
           $this-> -list of methods and properties of Controllers -
      }
}

[eluser]Corexz[/eluser]
dear said will you send the entire class so we can help you
try to press space + ctrl
like this
$this-> then space + ctrl

[eluser]Shiro[/eluser]
[quote author="gvdvenis" date="1218863568"]In my case the code completion mainly works, but i suspect that the lack of useful completion hints is due to the architecture of the loading mechanism CI uses. for example:

Code:
class Album extends Controller {
    function Album()
    {
        parent::Controller();
        $this->load->model('album_model', 'AlbumModel', TRUE);
        $this->AlbumModel->GetSomeRecords(); //<- this doesn't autocomplete and AFAIK there is no IDE that handles this situation.
    }

Please correct me if I'm wrong! When using this load mechanism there is no way of getting the code completion to work.

Just to be curious: Why was this approach taken instead of for example this "more common way" of doing things:

Code:
class Album extends Controller {

protected $AlbumModel;

function Album()
    {
        $this->AlbumModel = new model('album_model', TRUE);
        $this->AlbumModel->GetSomeRecords(); //<- doing things this way will trigger codecompletion...
    }

Anyone any ideas/comments?[/quote]

hey guys, today I try to do autocomplete in eclipse 3.5 to load the function from a model, it works for me

in the controller file I added this:
Code:
class Companies extends Controller {

function __construct()
    {
        session_start();
        $this->output->enable_profiler(FALSE);
        $this->MCompanies = new MCompanies;   //MCompanies is a model            
    }

function index()
    {
        $this->MCompanies-> //ctrl+space list out all the function in the model
    }

I not sure got what disadvantage, feel free to discuss

[eluser]Aljebrini[/eluser]
the same problem face me as said PDT exists but no auto complete Sad

[eluser]Shiro[/eluser]
@eng-jebrini
you have to create an object from the model in order to have auto complete, please see my example.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB