Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Credit Card payment without leaving my web store

[eluser]pedsa[/eluser]
I'm need to develop an e-commerce solution (web store) where the payment is made through Credit Card transaction. But the client doesn’t want to redirect to other page to perform the payment (like in the PayPal). In short words, the client want to ask for the Credit Card number directly in order to keep the payment process very simple. I’ve already explained the drawbacks of this approach but client only want this. To develop this feature I need payment suppliers that provide this type of service (payments without leaving my web store), any suggestions?

Thanks

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Pretty much any credit card processing merchant offers this service. There's hundreds of them. Google around. It'll depend on what your client wants to pay, if they want any data or analytics services with it, etc.

And why, if your client has a web store, would you advise against simple checkout / directly accepting payments on their website? That's like one of the biggest things you can do to increase sales and conversion ratings.

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Check out stripe.com. They offer a pretty nice service. Percentage per transaction is a little high, so if your client has a lot of sales, they may want to go with a service like merchantanywhere.com. With merchantanywhere.com you pay a monthly fee, but the rate is lower and that can mean a lot if you are accepting thousands of dollars a month in credit card payments.

[eluser]pedsa[/eluser]
[quote author="Aken" date="1342499420"]Pretty much any credit card processing merchant offers this service. There's hundreds of them. Google around. It'll depend on what your client wants to pay, if they want any data or analytics services with it, etc.

And why, if your client has a web store, would you advise against simple checkout / directly accepting payments on their website? That's like one of the biggest things you can do to increase sales and conversion ratings.[/quote]

Thanks Aken.

In my opinion, the problem with this approach is that it decreased the sense of security of the buyer in the purchase process, because he provides important data without any guarantee that they will be used for a good purpose or would be saved in the database (that can be hacked by others). When buyers use systems well known worldwide this risk decrease. I'm probably exaggerating, but I think the sense of security is a major key in online sales.
I, for instance, don't provide my credit card numbers to a online store that I do not know very well. I only pay through a systems that already know (eg. PayPal) or create a virtual credit card with the amount needed for the transaction.

I already Google it about and found the "CodeIgniter Payments" developed by Calvin Froedge:
http://www.calvinfroedge.com/codeigniter...r-reactor/

I think that would be very useful Smile

[eluser]pedsa[/eluser]
Thanks Shunkbad.

I can collaborate with others credit card processing merchant that I searched about:
- Authorize.net
- Google checkout (fees similar with stripe.com)
- PayPal
- Unicre

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB