Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter for a complex e-commerce site like EBAY

[eluser]alex2012[/eluser]
Hello, i want to know if a complex e commerce site like EBAY is able to be made with codeigniter framework? or is an e commerce with so many thousands of users and a complex database CANT be supported by codeigniter (as also the security in the transactions)??

i will truly appreciate your answer!

many thanks !

[eluser]einsteinity[/eluser]
i am also wondering about this, but i think it is possible although the code won't be 100% pure codeigniter.

[eluser]alex2012[/eluser]
[quote author="einsteinity" date="1343016801"]i am also wondering about this, but i think it is possible although the code won't be 100% pure codeigniter.[/quote]

You mean you can write from "scratch" (original code) inside the codeigniter code framework?

i have been told CI it is very stable to run large projects...but i dont know how true is that...

[eluser]einsteinity[/eluser]
i'm also new to CI, but that's not what i meant.

i meant if you cannot find what you need in CI, you can extends the framework or code the php code from scratch directly without extending the framework. extending the framework is the most preferred options. Personally until now i still have not really understand about extending the framework, so for my personal project which only run in localhost, i code it from scratch too if i need something that i don't understand how to use or create with codeigniter. and it works fine without problem.

that's only my opinion. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB