Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ajax commenting system

[eluser]codie[/eluser]
I want an ajax commenting system for my site,so can anyone give me code for the same...

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
And I want $100, can you give it to for the same...

Didn't think so. This is a forum where you post your code that does not work and ask for help/suggestions.

If you want a fully integrated ajax commenting system you have 3 options:
1. Post on the jobs board and how much you are willing to pay for it.
2. Use your "research" skills on this thing called "goolge" and see what else is out there. You may be lucky, perhaps there is already a script/library/module out there that you can adapt to your application.
3. Use your "coding" skills and "code" it yourself.

Should you go for option three and run into a problem, feel free to come back and post your specific problem on here (showing your code, what other variations/approach you have tried, etc).

I have no idea on what your skill level is, but here is a basic run down of things you'll have to consider:
1. You will need a database table to store your "comments" in... consider what you want to store (I'd suggest: auto increment primary key/id, comment, date posted, date edited, user_id, ip_address, deleted_status).
2. Have you ever coded any kind of ajax on CI before? If not, try something very simple first, once you have that working, then try to code your commenting system.

[eluser]codie[/eluser]
I have done that...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB