Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter-user auth library v. 1.3

[eluser]Waldir Bertazzi Junior[/eluser]
Hey!

Today I updated the codeigniter-user auth library. It uses Bcrypt, high level security encrypt hash function, among other facilities.
Features includes adding users, removing users, protecting controllers and methods from not logged viewers and much more.

You can check it out on github!
https://github.com/waldirbertazzijr/codeigniter-user

Best regards,
Waldir

[eluser]Ch3ckM4t3r[/eluser]
How can I do this?

"You need the database library to use the user library. Please check your configuration."

I'm new to code igniter and I don't know where to set it up.

[quote author="Ch3ckM4t3r" date="1344976131"]How can I do this?

"You need the database library to use the user library. Please check your configuration."

I'm new to code igniter and I don't know where to set it up.

[/quote]

Hello Ch3ckM4t3r.

First of all, I assume you have a working MySQL (or other database) installation.
After installing codeigniter, merge the content of codeigniter-user library to your project project. If you want to see the demo, copy the controllers and views too.
Now create a new database (or go to a existing one) and import the codeigniter-user database_schema.sql file into it. This will create the needed tables.
After that, you must go to your application/config/database.php file and configure your connection info, like database name, username and password.
Next, go to your application/config/config.php file and search for "encryption_key". Now type something random into the string.

Now, start up your browser and go to yoursite.com/index.php/login to see the demo login page.

Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.

I did all, of the steps you write in your reply and checked all, (also checked the MySQL connection in other file), but still showing the same error. :/

[quote author="Ch3ckM4t3r" date="1344981624"]Hi, thanks for the fast reply.

I did all, of the steps you write in your reply and checked all, (also checked the MySQL connection in other file), but still showing the same error. :/[/quote]

Sorry, I forgot one last thing. After doing everything I told you, you must configure the database library to autoload with your application.
Go to application/config/autoload.php, look the following line:

Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array()

Add the database library, like this:

Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array('database')

And try again!

That worked, thank you very much!

You are very welcome. And thanks, I'll add this information to the README file.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB