Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Complex schema and multiple users/databases

[eluser]Drinian[/eluser]
I have a web app that has a complex schema that we developed for our operations. We are at the point of wanting to market this app but I'm not sure how to scale it to multiple companies.

The simplest idea would be to give each company its own database and that way their data is contained within the one database. The problem is that I thought I heard that this is not the way to use CodeIgniter (switching the database for each company). My concern is how to keep the data isolated if you make all companies share a single database? I guess the authentication structure could meet that need. But, the database could get quite large very quickly since a single company can easily generate a lot of data. Additionally, it seems easier to export the data for a company from a isolated database (by doing something like a mysql dump).

A lot of this is new to me so I am probably missing some rather basic concepts. Could anyone point me in the right direction to understand how to approach creating the architecture for this?

Thank you in advance.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB