Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DataMapper 1.8.2 (handling logins)

[eluser]shenanigans01[/eluser]
Hello, I'm using datamapper(1.8.2) for some projects I'm working on, all of which will require a login function. I've noticed that it does come with an example application that has a library for handling logins which can also be seen here: DataMapper Login

My question: is this example up-to date? Is there a better way to handle logins using datamapper? Or would anyone have a better example / library for public use. As far as activation,signup, etc I have that taken care of but I want to make sure I'm using best practices for session, cookies, logins, etc. Thanks for your time Smile

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Depends on your definition of 'up to date'.

The example application has been included with DM since I think v1.7, and I've kept it updated with later releases.

It's also built on best practices (it for example uses a per-user salt for the password) although I would today replace sha1() by something like bcrypt() or pbkdf2(), but both are not available in a standard environment and therefore not suitable for an example.

It uses CI for sessions and cookies, so those are as good as what CI code and your configuration.

[eluser]CI-Newb[/eluser]
@WanWizard:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply! I look forward to working with datamapper more! It's been a invaluable tool thus far!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB