Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Moving from EE to CI

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

The company I just started to work for decided to move development of their EE website inhouse. I will be the sole developer for now, but the ambition is to grow the website and the dev team in the near future. The current website is kind of a blog, with social networking functionality. However, the plan is to grow from a website into a web application (so to say).

I am coming to the conclusion that EE is not the ideal base for further growth. That's why I'm looking for a way to move to a more developer oriented environment, without doing a complete rewrite. Ideally I would encapsulate EE in a symfony2 bundle (I've got much more experience with symfony) and slowly devour the old project. However, I'm doubting if this would be the logical move a.t.m.

Alternatively, I'm thinking about moving to CI as the "base" for the project. However, I don't know a lot about CI (except for having seen some of the video tuts) and I wouldn't really know the right/best approach for "moving back" to CI. Can anyone advice me on this?

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
Is it EE 1 or 2? If it's EE 2 then it's already based on Codeigniter and gives you a mass of features ready built... so why re-invent the wheel.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB