Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Deploying multiple sites based on the same code and updating all

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
OK so I've built an ecommerce system in CI and its already been deployed a couple of times as a few different sites. With more sites in the pipeline I need to come up with a way of being able to implement updates across all the sites so that if a bug is found and fixed in one site, or if a new feature is added, then the changes to the models and controllers need to be updated across all the sites.

Is there a way to do this sort of thing in GIT or any other similar version control system?

Thx for any advice you can give.

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
It could be done with a pull or a push system.

With a pull it could be done with a cronjob or a script that updates the code via a patch, rsync or any csv

With a push you have a central server that pushes changes to the sites, couyld be any of the above method or ftp.

The main problem will be your database changes. I used a script to check if there was a new patchfile, made a backup and executed the patchfile.

My solution was a pull script that was executed via ssh. This script did a mysql update if needed, then an svn update, reset all the dir and file rights.

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
You can use Git's 'post commit hook' and make your server(s) pull the most recent changes - which might be the easiest way.
Have a look here
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/other/...b-and-ssh/
or search for
"git post commit deploy"

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB