Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Possible to have dashes for controller URIs?

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Eric, that's my point. Example with respect to our sister site EngineHosting and a Google search for dynamic web hosting or perhaps load balanced web hosting. Notice that underscore separators haven't hurt them one bit, in fact, there aren't any with dashes above them for that search, and as you can see, Google properly highlights the terms in the URL, even though they are underscore separated. Funnily enough on that second search, a host with all the same keywords in their title and with dash separated URLs is one position lower than our good friends at EH. You can find similar results with searches on CodeIgniter, ExpressionEngine, and so on. The position that search engines somehow can't cope with underscores, or that they handle dashes better simply doesn't hold any water.

[eluser]Eric Cope[/eluser]
Sorry. I misunderstood your original post. I agree. I thought (incorrectly) that the original poster wanted to add dashes/underscores which are not supported (well) by php classes or functions.

Underscores aren't supported well by classes and functions?

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Jones" date="1215810036"]Underscores aren't supported well by classes and functions?[/quote]
I'm guessign Eric meant that dashes aren't supported well, but his grammar made it look like underscores aren't supported well either.

Otherwise, strip_tags has a problem :p
(first php function that came to mind with an underscore)

[eluser]Eric Cope[/eluser]
right. maybe this is why I don't post often in the morning Smile
I meant just dashes. Thanks for correcting me!

[quote author="Eric Cope" date="1215811040"]right. maybe this is why I don't post often in the morning Smile
I meant just dashes. Thanks for correcting me![/quote]

Been there, done that. I've been meaning to write an extension for the forums that will annotate my posts with how much coffee I've had for the day.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB