Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
github develop branch version number

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
I started to download the zip'd tarball of the develop branch and I see that the version number is listed as v 2.1.0. Is this actually the code for ver 3.0? I saw a message some time ago stating that this was the case, but I would like confirmation before pulling down another lump of code.
Thanks

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
Just downloaded fresh from this link and it says 3.0-dev in /system/core/CodeIgniter.php. Where are you getting the version number from? And were you on the right branch?

Aken, from the actual zip file:

EllisLab-CodeIgniter-v2.1.0-2844-g58854c3.zip (2.3Mb)

Downloaded after selecting the develop branch on git

I did the download and it turns out to contain ver. 3.0, so I answered my own question.

If anyone else follows this thread, the version number ON the zip (v2.1.0) hasn't changed in many months, and probably will not change until 3.0 is released.

The zip does appear to actually contain current 3.0 code. I don't see a date or timestamp so I can't state how current the zip is. I hope it is updated fairly frequently...

Aside from that. I was able to port my app from v2.1.2 to v3.0 in about 45 minutes. That is 12 controllers, 11 models, 140 views. It was relatively painless and worked on the first try. Good job guys.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
The zip will always contain the the latest code - it is updated whenever the repo is updated.

And here's an explanation of the actual file name.

Darn, I was hoping it contained a secret code revealing the release date... No? We can just wait then.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB