Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth Login Not working - keeps refreshing

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi all

Fairly new to CodeIgniter and Ion Auth, brand new to the forum Smile

I've been working on a site for a couple of weeks now but after creating a new user, I've not been able to log in with that email address/password.
There are no error messages displayed, the page just keeps refreshing every 0.5 second or so after clicking 'Login' and just keeps refreshing constantly like this until I kill the page.
I have to actually restart the PC to be able to log in again as admin.
Shutting browser, restarting Xampp makes no difference.

I've just set up a new site on localhost using Xampp and have just added ion_auth to the codeigniter structure. Thinking I've gone wrong somewhere in my previous code I've been very careful to note the steps I've taken so far...

Code:
1.  Added 'ion_auth' to config/autoload libraries
2.  Added username, password and database to config/database
3.  Added encryption key to config/config
4.  Changed base_url to 'http://localhost/windfarm/' in config/config
5.  Deleted welcome_message from views
6.  Changed default_controller from welcome to 'auth' in config/routes
7.  Imported ion_auth.sql into phpmyadmin on the windfarm table

This is ALL I've done since adding ion_auth to a new CI download. I've changed nothing but when clicking Login with my newly registered user (which I created when logged in fine as admin), it still just keeps refreshing the page.
On Chrome/Firefox/IE

I have tried looking through this forum, and googling but have not yet seen anyone with the same problem.
Is anyone able to offer a suggestion where I'm going wrong so soon??

Many thanks

EDIT: newly created user gets added to DB no problem

[eluser]m!H!r[/eluser]
I am also facing a similar kind of issue. when a users with member group logs in the ion_auth displays a blank page and keeps on refreshing although the users with admin rights are able to login and redirect to a page which lists a table of all users.

Is there any way i can check the group type and redirect users accordingly if yes please tell me how do i do it...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I also have the exact problem i try to google it but could not find anything answer to it please help

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I got caught out by not setting the Active field to '1'...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB